Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Steampunk on You Tube

As I get ready for the convention, I find myself day dreaming about the DIY (Do it yourself) projects that I can make not only for my costume, but as well to sell.
The possibilities are literally endless because I am at square one. I don't actually have anything made yet, but I'm brainstorming. I can't wait to make my mini top hat, It's going to blow your mind! I will definitely post that when I make it this week. 
I was snooping around You Tube earlier today and found some really cool tutorials for things such as: 


"How to make your own top hat out of foam" 





These are all ideas that I was thinking about for my costume (though I make my top hats out of different supplies that are a bit stronger than foam or card stock).
When I first began to make jewelry, You Tube was a great teacher in the way of that art. You can pretty much learn anything you want from You Tube!


Even how to make a Steampunk Flashdrive!

The only bad thing about typing in Steampunk DIY in You Tubes search engine, is that I don't have enough time to make all those items!
What's a girl to do?!
I hope some of those links inspire you guys to try and make a few of your own Steampunk Accessories. I would love to hear about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment