Friday, July 11, 2014

Goo Goo for Goggles!

I believe that a major staple to Steampunk fashion is goggles. I'm sure you agree.
With Steamfest less that three weeks away, I decided my costume could use a bit more awesomeness to compliment all the other awesomeness that it's already made of.
Thanks to a YouTube tutorial on how to paint with an aged look, all I needed to do was find some welding goggles.

  



It was a lot of fun/pressure to try to decide what colors I wanted to go for. I didn't necessarily want to be matchy matchy with my outfit so they would just blend in. I needed something to make them stand out. So I rimmed them in red!



It was all a matter of painting them and then putting it all together. When I was done I got so excited. Too bad I can't wear them in every day society. Steamfest can't come soon enough!






No comments:

Post a Comment