Monday, May 5, 2014

Hats, HaTs, HATS!

Lately, I've been going a little crazy over the funnest Steampunk Project. 
Top Hats!
Top Hats can been seen all through Steampunk fashion and movies. Various sizes fit various costumes.
My personal preference is what I like to call, The Mini!
Mini top hats hold a special place in my heart because they can be worn with any hair style and pretty much any costume. 
I've even seen a few mini's made for brides! 
They're everywhere!
So, I put my creative juices to work and made a new batch of Mini Top Hats. 
(They'll be for sale on my Etsy soon ;) )


I make my top hats from scratch. True to my recycling ways, I use things that normally people would throw out. Such as, cereal boxes, toilet paper rolls and scraps of fabric.


It doesn't take much to make a mini hat. I shop at the scrap section of the store and always find more than enough fabric to cover my hats (for a cheaper price!)


                                

Since they are made from anything I can get my hands on, they each come out completely unique!

There are some people who think Steampunk is just slapping a few gears on something and calling it good.
I believe that Steampunk is an expression, and I try to add that expression to every work of art that I make.


Here's an example of a little hat that I made out of a toilet paper roll!
I have a few more toilet paper roll hats here.

Why not give it a try. See what you come up with!

If you're interested in a custom order, please message me.


No comments:

Post a Comment